All the news that are relevant for our small community
Dr Klown is a registered voluntary organisation operating from Malta and Gozo and set up in 2011, which has evolved into a professional NGO that prides itself in delivering humour. Being a voluntary organisation, we rely on volunteers to organise ourselves so that we can deliver smiles to little ones and dose our patients with fun and laughter.
Due to our constant growth and diversification, at Dr Klown we regularly look out to recruit new volunteers to join our Leadership team, Klown team or Administration team. We are now seeking to appoint an Operations Coordinator to take on the day-to-day responsibilities for the non-financial administration and the delivery of the organisation’s various activities and to lead a dedicated team of volunteers. Such activities include the following:
• Coordinate the work of a dedicated team of support volunteers
• Assist with the recruitment of new volunteers
• Actively manage non-finance record keeping such as volunteer data, attendance sheets, etc.
• Actively manage stock levels and related reordering for clown props, printed material, etc.
• Actively manage the ‘dressing room cabin’ at Mater Dei Hospital
• Actively lead and support numerous ad hoc and special projects
The preferred candidate will have the following attributes:
• Will be highly organised, efficient and proactive
• Will be meticulous and rigorous
• Will have experience in leading and managing a small team
• Will be proficient in the use of end-user technologies such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS
• Will be able to contribute around 15-20 hours per week
• Will be sufficiently mobile to travel across our key locations of activity (Malta central)
• Will be willing to provide these services on a voluntary basis (Direct expenses will be
reimbursed as necessary).
Interested persons can apply by sending a CV to email@example.com by 27th January 2023
Sponsor: LAG Merchant Group Ltd
We are firm believers that laughter is the best medicine & a SMILE is the purest act of expression. In times when we are required to wear masks and keep our social distance, we truly believe that smiling and sharing smiles will benefit everyone.
Dr Klown has therefore created the SMILE ON campaign that will hopefully post thousands of SMILES online.
Follow these simple instructions and share your biggest smile:
1) Take a photo of yourself showing your biggest smile,
2) Post your photo on your favourite social profile with the hashtag #smileon and tag @drklown (on Instagram) / @dr klown (on Facebook) or send it to us via a private message & we will post it ourselves for you,
3) Nominate others to SmileOn and share their smile.
Turn on your camera and show us your biggest smile ever 📸
Launching of our Klowns-On-Demand project , starting off with a series of videos of our klown doctors . The videos can be accessed from here!
There will be no red noses in the wards for a little while, but we will still work hard to spread laughter, kindness and joy through our Facebook book page.. follow us here
In view of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, Dr Klown has suspended its services at Mater Dei Hospital with immediate effect. We believe that at this time it is prudent to allow maximum space to hospital care workers and it is important that we minimise any risk of infection transmission in the process. We will continue to monitor the situation through liaison with the health authorities and we will update our position accordingly.
The Gollcher Group is organising an event in aid of Dr Klown Malta. Dr Klown is a Maltese Registered NGO set up in 2010. They are active at Mater Dei Hospital and the General Hospital in Gozo.
Join us for the 6th Edition of the Gollcher Charity Walk on the 1st May 2019 from Tigullio in St. Julians to the Black Pearl in Ta’ Xbiex. Registration commences at 8.15am near Tigullio. The walk starts at 9.00am. Step by Step we can make a difference.
The event is open to all. Feel free to invite your family & friends and share this event!